You’ve got an amazing health coaching website, a smart inbound marketing strategy, and you’re ready to help the world reach their health goals. The problem is, without a way to turn web traffic into leads, you could be letting thousands of paying clients pass you by.
In Part 6 of PHCI’s marketing series, we’ll be talking about how to convert leads on your website.
But first, let’s back up and define what a lead is. Basically, a lead is a prospective client. In this case, it’s someone who you’ll secure into your sales funnel by collecting their contact information and engaging with them through email marketing. How does this convert leads? It gives you direct (and automatic) access to thousands of potential future clients, letting them get to know you as a health coach, showing them what you offer on a regular basis, and, most importantly, significantly increasing your chances of being hired.
The question is…how do you get someone’s contact information?
Step 1: Create a Lead Magnet
A lead magnet, also called an opt-in, is a free incentive that you offer on your health coaching website in exchange for a person’s contact information (including their name and email address). By “opting-in” and receiving your incentive, the person agrees to receive email marketing from you. Why is that important? Because email marketing helps you develop a relationship and build trust with future clients so that when they’re ready to hire a health coach, you’ll be at the top of their mind. So how do you know what kind of lead magnet to use?
Here are 10 proven lead magnets you can offer on your website:
5. Invitations to webinars or events
6. Recipes or meal plans
7. Healthy food lists
9. Online courses
10. Coupons for products or services
As you read through these, be sure to think about your niche audience, what their pain point is, and what kind of freebie they definitely wouldn’t want to miss out on. Is it a short eBook on how to live primally? A quiz to see if sugar is standing in the way of their health goals? Or a coupon for 15% off a health coaching session? Any of these would be a really powerful incentive—just make sure it aligns with whatever area of health coaching you specialize in.
Step 2: Capture Info Through a Web Form
Now that you have something to offer your niche audience in exchange for their contact information, you need a way to capture that information. That’s what a web form does. There are lots of options for creating your web form, but we suggest using the autoresponder software Infusionsoft. It’s easy to use, and if you’ve built your site with WordPress, there’s a free plugin on your WordPress dashboard that automatically connects your web form with your Infusionsoft account. Check out the step-by-step tutorial on this page to see how to do it.
Keep in mind that your web form doesn’t need to be complicated. In fact, simpler is often better. It’s important to find a balance between not collecting enough information and asking for too much. In many cases, the only information you really need to collect is a first name and an email address. All of the extra stuff you see on forms like a phone number or a last name may not be necessary at this stage. Most people don’t want to take the time to fill out a lengthy form anyway—even if it’s for your awesome freebie!
On your web form, you’ll want to have some instructional copy so people know what they’re getting and what they need to do. Try something like Grab My Free Meal-Planning Guide or Take This Quiz to See if Primal Living Is Right for You. You’re talking to humans, so write like one and keep it conversational.
Once someone has submitted their name and email address, they get your free incentive, you get to add their contact information to your email marketing list, and you’ve secured a potential future client into your sales funnel. Just. Like. That.
Step 3: Automate the Process
If you were to personally email everyone that filled out your web form, you’d never have time to see any clients—or do anything else for that matter. That’s why you need autoresponder or CRM (customer relationship management) software like Infusionsoft, HubSpot, iContact, or Wishpond.
This kind of software automatically collects and stores contact information, emails your subscribers at the right times with the right content, and essentially develops relationships with your future clients while you sleep.
Here’s what else it can do for your health coaching business:
- Send targeted emails. You can set up different automated campaigns based on who you’re talking to. Also called segmentation, this allows you to send highly targeted messages, based on things like location, interest, or when someone opted in.
- Add personalization. Did you know that a personalized subject line can increase your open rate? Most CRM and automatic software let you add meta tags to personalize both your subject line and your email copy.
- Track results. Easily monitor delivery rates, open rates, and click-through rates right from your CRM software dashboard. With automated tracking, you can see what’s working in your email marketing campaign and what’s not.
- Save you money. Autoresponder software is relatively inexpensive to use. iContact is $32/month for their Essential plan, while Wishpond starts at $49/month, and Infusionsoft starts at $50/month. Some software is free—just make sure it includes all the features you need to manage your email marketing campaign. Remember, you usually get what you pay for.
The goal is to consistently and automatically connect with your leads, so when it’s time for them to book a discovery call with you, you’re at the top of their mind—and the top of their inbox.
To quickly summarize, do these three things.
If you want to convert web traffic into leads (and you want to turn those leads into paying clients), follow these three simple steps.
- Offer a lead magnet or free incentive that appeals to your niche audience.
- Embed a web form on your site to collect contact information.
- Use CRM or autoresponder software to nurture relationships with your leads.
Ready to become one of the world’s most trusted, experienced and knowledgeable health coaches? Get certified as a Primal Health Coach.
Establish clout. Elevate your career. Enrich your knowledge… with the only comprehensive ancestral health certification program in existence.
Get to Know Our Founder and Stake Your Claim in the Ancestral Health Community
In this special presentation, you’ll learn:
- How the modern health crisis is impacting the world
- How Primal Health Coaching can help
- What sets the Primal Health Coach apart
- The benefits of Primal Health Coach accreditation
- The key components of the course, including the 16 modules, tests, videos, and additional educational resources
- How to start a successful health coaching career