As heath coaches, it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest health, wellness, fitness, and business insights.
However, finding quality online resources that you can trust can be challenging.
In this post, we’ve put together an extensive list of 25 must-read blogs for health coaches that we’ve organized into 5 categories to help you confidently stay well-informed and up-to-date.
Paleo Nutrition Blogs
- Mark’s Daily Apple – The preeminent blog on ancestral health, nutrition, and fitness. Mark’s Daily Apple was created by Mark Sisson in 2006. He is also the founder of the Primal Health Coach certification, and author of many highly acclaimed books, including The Primal Blueprint.
- Whole30 – Whole30 started in 2009 as a blog by Melissa Hartwig, and has now developed into a global health and nutrition program that has helped millions of people kick their unhealthy habits and enjoy a life filled with unprocessed, real foods. The Whole30 blog provides handy cooking tips and nutrition advice.
- Paleo f(x) – Paleo f(x) is the largest holistic wellness event, held annually in Austin, Texas. Paleo f(x) produces a blog that covers many topics of interest to health coaches, including nutrition, fitness, self development, spirituality, and entrepreneurship.
- Stupid Easy Paleo – Steph Gaudreu is the creator of Stupid Easy Paleo, and the author of the bestseller The Paleo Athlete. Her blog contains a wealth of information on topics such as fitness, nutrition and mindset, and you can also find some tasty paleo recipes here too!
- Primal Body, Primal Mind – Nora Gedgaudas is a pioneer in ancestral health, and has over 20 years of clinical experience as a nutritional consultant. She is the author of several books, including the widely praised Primal Body, Primal Mind. The Primal Body, Primal Mind blog explores many topics including brain health, neurotechnology, ancestral nutrition, mental health, autoimmunity, and thyroid health.
- Paleohacks – Paleohacks is an online community that brings together people who are learning how to live, eat, and move better. The Paleohacks blog covers a range of topics, including advice on health, easy-to-prepare recipes, and exercise that focuses on natural movement.
- The Paleo Diet – Loren Cordain is a scientist and the author of the bestseller The Paleo Diet, first published in 2001. Loren is arguably seen as the founder of the paleo movement. The Paleo Diet blog is written by many contributors, including Loren, and is a plentiful resource on topics such as nutritional science, fitness, tasty paleo recipes, and women’s health.
Science and Medical Blogs
- Stephan Guyenet – Stephan Guyenet holds a PhD in neuroscience and is highly influential in the ancestral health scene. He is the author of The Hungry Brain, and his blog is a tremendously useful resource for topics such as nutrition and evolutionary biology in the modern world.
- Chris Kresser – Chris Kresser is a global leader in ancestral health and paleo nutrition. His blog reflects his passion for functional and integrative medicine, with a strong emphasis on alternative strategies to combat chronic metabolic disease.
- Robb Wolf – Robb Wolf is another big name in ancestral health. Robb is a former research biochemist and the author of The Paleo Solution and Wired to Eat. His blog covers a variety of different topics including nutrition, fitness, and the latest in scientific findings relating to health and well-being.
- Nourish Balance Thrive – Nourish Balance Thrive was created by Christopher Kelly, a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner and professional cyclist. Nourish Balance Thrive focuses on helping athletes achieve optimum fitness and health. The Nourish Balance Thrive blog contains a mix of articles and podcast transcripts that delve deep into the nitty-gritty of nutritional science and medical insights.
- The Paleo Mom – The Paleo Mom was developed by Sarah Ballantyne, PhD, a medical biophysicist and author of the highly acclaimed book The Paleo Approach. Her blog explores the science behind diet and lifestyle. You can also find loads of family-friendly recipes and other practical tips to help families achieve a healthier lifestyle.
Business Advice Blogs
- Entrepreneur – Entrepreneur Magazine is aimed at providing informative content to small business owners. The Entrepreneur blog covers many topics that would be of interest to health coaches, including leadership, growth strategies, marketing, social media, inspiration, and how to get your small business up and running.
- Health Business Profits – The Health Business Profits blog offers an abundance of advice on running your own health business. Blog posts cover topics such as business strategy, business management, time management, and marketing.
- HubSpot – The folks at HubSpot are marketing and sales consultants, and their blog is a great resource for advice on marketing, sales, and customer success.
Coaching Advice Blogs
- Christine Hassler – Christine Hassler is the coaching director of Primal Health Coach. Christine is also a master coach, a podcast and TV host, and the bestselling author of several books including Expectation Hangover. Christine Hassler’s blog covers topics like business advice, coaching tips, and guidance for personal and spiritual growth.
- Gretchen Rubin – Gretchen is an expert on happiness and human nature, and has written several widely popular books including The Happiness Project. Her blog delves into subjects like health, family, and happiness, and is an excellent resource for anyone working with clients, especially health coaches.
- Aubrey Marcus – Aubrey Marcus is the founder of Onnit, a lifestyle brand based on holistic health. He has a highly successful podcast and blog that covers topics including business, science, philosophy, and athletics.
- Strive 4 Fitness – Strive 4 Fitness was created by Kyle Brown, a passionate, female-focused health and fitness coach. Strive 4 Fitness covers topics including paleo nutrition, fitness, and women’s health.
- Barbell Shrugged – Barbell Shrugged started as a fitness podcast in 2011, and has since developed into a go-to resource for coaches, athletes, and anyone interested in getting the very best out of their body. The blog covers topics such as nutrition, weightlifting, athletic performance, and general fitness.
- CrossFit Journal – The CrossFit Journal is a huge repository of articles covering topics such as business advice, fitness coaching tips, CrossFit workout of the day, lifestyle advice, and success stories.
- Nerd Fitness – Created by Steve Kamb in 2008, Nerd Fitness is designed to appeal to people who have desk jobs and love nerd culture, but still want to lead the healthiest lives possible. Nerd Fitness covers topics like fitness, nutrition, and mindset advice.
- GMB Fitness – GMB Fitness offers online training programs to help people achieve physical autonomy, as well as articles and tutorials to help you improve your strength, flexibility, and body control.
- Al Kavadlo – Al Kavadlo is a world leader in bodyweight strength training and calisthenics. He’s the author of Get Strong and Street Workout. His blog provides excellent advice on training and technique with handy tutorial videos.
- MobilityWOD – Kelly Starrett is the founder of Mobility WOD, the world’s most comprehensive database of guided movement mechanics and mobility instructional videos. Kelly Starrett is a physical therapist and coach, and the author of the critically acclaimed book Becoming a Supple Leopard.
In summary, here we’ve provided a list of 25 must-read blogs for health coaches. These blogs are written by experts in their fields, which means you know that the information they provide is well-researched and reliable.
[insert page= how-to-become-a-primal-health-coach-form display= content]