Our guest today is Jennifer Woodward, who heads up the Business School for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition. Jennifer has an MSci in Integrative Nutrition, is a Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P) and is a Board Certified Functional Wellness Coach (BCFWC). So yeah, she is a high achiever who works hard to bring her clients actionable and simple ways to succeed.
Starting a business is probably the greatest leap for many health coaches. It's something you may have never done before, and while your passion for helping others is what got your foot in the door, you feel totally stuck or lost as to what to do next, and then what to do after that, and then what to do after that. This is the task that many health coaching schools like FDN have shown up for.
In this episode, Jennifer discusses the need for patience, self-care, and targeted marketing. She also emphasizes the importance of business education for health coaches and offers tips on starting a successful practice.
In this conversation and her training, Jennifer encourages her students to take a stepwise approach to launching their business that makes sense and is easy. This is another business pep talk for you coaches to help keep you marching toward your goal of starting your business so you can help more people.
To learn how to become a health coach or to up-level your skills and credentials as a health coach, visit primalhealthcoach.com.
- 00:00: Introduction: Jennifer Woodward and the Business School for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition
- 04:19: Entrepreneurship in health coaching: Not a common skill, but learnable
- 08:20: The reality of starting a business with low overhead
- 15:56: Balancing the ebbs and flows of business
- 22:31: Managing time and energy for productivity
- 26:54: Foundational steps for building a coaching business
- 30:30: Fitness as a journey to health coaching
- 31:57: Niching down and determining your target audience
- 35:20: Personal experience leads to identifying a focus area
- 38:00: Getting feedback even without a large following or email list
- 40:42: Empathy: A strength in health coaching
- 50:05: Using story-based marketing to build your business
- 52:52: The importance of sharing your story on social media
- 57:34: Social media trends and business seriousness
- 1:00:13: Steps to acquire your first client
Connect with Jennifer at:
- Website: jenniferwoodwardnutrition.com
- Facebook: jenniferwoodwardFDNP
- Instagram : @jennifer_woodward_wellness
Listen via the player below, or subscribe in iTunes or your preferred podcast streaming service.