Sometimes finding the best books on health, wellness and fitness can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. There’s plenty of information on social media platforms, in the form of podcasts, vlogs and blogs. But a well researched and written book can dive deeper into a specific topic. And as a health coach, it’s important to have a well-rounded knowledge on health, wellness and fitness, even outside of your niche.
Whether you prefer reading from your Kindle, listening to an audiobook, or relaxing with a hardcover book in your hands, we have you covered. Here you’ll find our list of the 50 best books on health, wellness and fitness. Our comprehensive reading list covers all aspects of healthy living. You will find international bestsellers packed with helpful tools to use with your clients, as well inspiring stories that will motivate your clients to make healthier lifestyle choices.
50 of the Best Books on Health, Wellness and Fitness
Our reading list covers a broad spectrum of health-related topics. You will find books on topics such as, physical and mental health, books that explore the mind-body connection, as well as books to help you make healthy dietary changes and thoughtful food choices. Let’s get into it!
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Books
- The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Dr. Jason Fung
- Complete Guide to Fasting: (Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting) by Jimmy Moore
Women’s Health Books
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christaine Northrup, M.D.
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy, Achievement, and Reproductive Health by Toni Weschler
- Fast Like a Girl : A Women’s Guide to Using the Healing Power of Fasting to Burn Fat, Boost Energy, and Balance Hormones by Dr. Mindy Pelz
Books on Life, Aging and Death
- Lifespan: Why We Age – and Why We Don’t Have To by David A. Sinclair Ph.D and Matthew D. LaPlante
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- From Strength to Strength: Finding Success, Happiness, and Deep Purpose in the Second Half of Life by Arthur C. Brooks
Books on Science and Medical Research
- The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived: The Human Story Retold Through our Genes by Adam Rutherford
- Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. by Rebecca Skloot
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong
- Why We Get Sick: The Hidden Epidemic at the Root of Most Chronic Disease – and How to Fight it by Benjamin Bikman
Books to Improve Your Sleep Habits
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker Ph.D
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to a Better Body, Better Health and Bigger Success by Shawn Stevenson
- Take a Nap! Change Your Life.: The Scientific Plan to Make You Smarter, Healthier, More Productive by Mark Ehrman and Sara C Mednick, Ph.D
Books on Health and Nature
- The Botany of Desire: A Plant’s Eye-View of the World by Michael Pollan
- Forest Bathing: How Trees Can Help You Find Health and Happiness by Dr. Qing Li
- Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever? by Clinton Ober, Stephen T. Sinatra and Martin Zucker
Books on Gut Health
- The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Astonishing Dialogue Taking Place in Our Bodies Impacts Health, Weight, and Mood by Emeran Mayer
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life by David Perlmutter
- Gut: The Insider Story of Our Body’s Most Underrated Organ (Revised Edition) by Giulia Enders (Author) and Jill Enders (Illustrator)
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar – Your Brain’s Silent Killers by David Perlmutter
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John J. Ratey M.D.
- The Align Method: A Modern Movement Guide for a Stronger Body, Sharper Mind, and Stress-Proof Life by Aaron Alexander
- Rebuilding Milo: A Lifter’s Guide to Fixing Common Injuries and Building a Strong Foundation for Enhancing Performance by Aaron Horschig and Kevin Sonthana
Books to Help You Focus
- Attention Span: Finding Focus for a Fulfilling Life by Gloria Mark
- Stolen Focus: Why You Can’t Pay Attention and How to Think Deeply Again by Johann Hari
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Books on Physical and Mental Well-Being
- Man’s Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust by Viktor E Frankl
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
- Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind to Maximize Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Well-Being by Rudolph E. Tanzi Ph.D and Deepak Chopra M.D.
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. By Brené Brown
- Positive Thinking by Susan Quilliam
Health and Wellness Books
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- When the Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress by Gabor Mate
- Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink Ph.D
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well: The Million Copy Bestseller by Meik Wiking
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Way of Integrity: Finding the Path to Your True Self by Martha Beck
- Tools Of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Timothy Ferriss
Books on Habit Formation
- The Power Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
We hope you’ve enjoyed our ultimate list of must-read books on health, wellness and fitness. Whether you’re a health coach, a fitness coach, or a personal trainer, you’re sure to find a resource in our list that will help your clients make better decisions to lead healthier lives, to create new healthier habits and to view situations with a different perspective.
If you’re looking for strategies to combat insulin resistance, or to become more informed on how to achieve the optimal body composition of an elite triathlete, or to educate yourself on how to coach your clients towards healthy emotional well-being. You’re sure to find a resource in our list.