Smart marketing is essential for any business.
As business owners, we spend a lot of time promoting ourselves to new clients. However, did you know that it’s just as important to market to your existing or past clients as it is to new ones?
According to a Bain and Company report (PDF), a 5% increase in client retention will produce greater than 25% increase in profits.
So how is this possible?
Re-signing past clients will:
- Mean that you won’t have to spend as much time on marketing for new clients.
- Give your clients a greater chance of achieving their health goals.
- Create a deeper connection between you and your clients.
- Result in a greater chance of client satisfaction and client referrals.
Re-enrolling clients is good for your business and it is good for your clients.
In this post we are going to share the top five secrets to signing repeat clients.
1. Provide a Premium Service
For many clients, health coaching is a special treat; something they have decided to do just for themselves for a limited time.
For this very reason it’s essential that you make your clients feel as though they are getting an amazing service.
Some tips on how to do this include:
- Responding to emails and voicemails promptly (immediately if possible, but definitely within 24 hours).
- Getting to know your clients beyond the formalities of the session. For example, remembering the names of their children or pets.
- If they ask you a question that you can’t answer immediately, do your research and get back to them with a comprehensive response.
- Send your clients articles that you think they’ll be interested in.
- Touch base with your clients in-between sessions. This will let them know that they are important to you.
- Give your clients your undivided attention when they are with you. This means, switching off your phone, and actively listening.
- Acknowledge your client’s special occasions, like their birthday or the birth of a child.
- Celebrate your client’s victories. Make a big deal of when a client achieves one of their health goals.
- Nothing beats a good old conversation. For many clients a simple phone call will go a long way towards making them feel special.
Giving your clients a premium, catered and personalized experience the first time around will increase your chances of re-signing them again in the future. In other words, give them great service and they’ll be coming back for more when the time is right.
2. Discuss the Possibility of Re-Enrollment
Many of your health coaching clients will still be wanting and needing your support after their 6 or 12-week program comes to an end. However, they may be a little uncomfortable about starting the conversation about re-enrolling, so it’s up to you to bring it up.
Let your client know that it’s common for clients to re-enroll in your programs. They may have the idea that they should be able to spread their wings and face the world without you after their program has finished.
If you feel that your client would benefit from re-enrolling, bring this up as a possibility two weeks before the end of their program. At this time you can discuss the benefits of re-enrolling. Maybe they would like to focus on another area of their health, or work more on their accountability.
Let your clients know that the length of time that it takes for healthy habits to stick varies from person to person and that it’s okay to feel the need for extra support until this happens for them.
3. Get Back in Touch with Past Clients
Getting back in touch with past clients is another clever way to re-enroll a repeat client. There is no harm in reaching out to a past client and informing them about any new programs you may be offering or an exciting incentive they may be interested in.
Get in touch over social media, email or over the phone. Check in to see how they’re doing. Offer some free advice and words of encouragement. Remind them of the value you bring to a coach/client relationship. It’s likely that they’ll be happy to hear from you, and it may just kick start a re-signing.
4. Offer Alternative Services
Some clients may feel the need for additional support after finishing a program with you, but they may be looking for a bit of a change from what they were doing before.
When discussing the possibility of re-enrolling, provide your client with a comprehensive list of all the services you provide. They may surprise you with what they’ll sign up for next.
If you own a gym, you may sign a former health coaching client to a fitness program. Or a one-on-one health coaching client may enroll in group health coaching next.
5. Offer Incentives to Re-Enroll
Offering exclusive incentives for repeat clients will help build loyalty towards your health coaching business. Incentives can be in the form of discounts, bonus sessions, or a free gift such as an ebook, exclusive training video, or other digital educational resource.
An incentive, particularly one with a time limit on its availability, can be all that’s needed to get your clients to make the decision to continue their coaching sessions with you.
In summary, re-enrolling past clients is a clever business strategy, so make sure your marketing focuses just as much on re-enrolling past clients as it does on attracting new clients.
Ready to become one of the world’s most trusted, experienced and knowledgeable health coaches? Get certified as a Primal Health Coach.
Establish clout. Elevate your career. Enrich your knowledge… with the only comprehensive ancestral health certification program in existence.
Get to Know Our Founder and Stake Your Claim in the Ancestral Health Community
In this special presentation, you’ll learn:
- How the modern health crisis is impacting the world
- How Primal Health Coaching can help
- What sets the Primal Health Coach apart
- The benefits of Primal Health Coach certification
- The key components of the course, including the 19 chapters, tests, videos, and additional educational resources
- How to start a successful health coaching career